Waxing 101: The Quest for Perfect Brows
Thinking about waxing? It’s one of the most common methods for hair removal and in skilled hands is a great way to get the eyebrows you’ve always wanted.
Here are some tips for getting the most out of your waxing session and facts for first-timers.
- Don’t use toner before you get a wax. Toner tightens your
pores,and will make it harder for the wax to get the hair out.
- An added benefit to waxing is that it’s a great exfoliator.
- Avoid alcohol and caffeine before your waxing appointment. Stimulants make your skin more sensitive. Choose water instead.
- Don’t ice your skin. The hot wax will counteract the numbing/cooling effect and the ice will tighten your pores. The wax will actually hurt more.
- Skip the OJ a few days before your wax. Excess acid in your body makes your skin more sensitive.
- Waxing will not make your hair grow back thicker or darker.
- If you’re new to waxing, ask your waxing specialist to wax a test small area on your wrist or arm to see how your skin will react.
- Certain medications and skincare products can elevate sensitivity to waxing. Consulting with your waxing professional is important for best results.